Sunday, July 22, 2007

Miller's last straw

I'm sure everyone has heard of the FIFA soccer incident in Toronto. If not, check out the Globe, Post, and Star.

What really threw me was this quote in the Globe article from our dear Mayor Miller: ""First it was (private) security and then there were more and more police - there were way too many police there. If they would have disappeared there would have been no fracas at all."

Really? So the fans that were attacking the refs would have shown restraint if there were NO police? Is this guy off his rocker? A foreign team stirs up trouble in our city, and his response is to slam our cops?

After the last couple of months, I just can't believe I voted for him, I seriously should've abstained. First the ridiculous taxes, now this. I really need to find a centrist candidate to support for the next mayoral run.


I seriously hope Harper doesn't p***y out under pressure and apologize. Then again, if he did, it would be so Canadian, wouldn't it?

Edited to add strikethrough.

1 comment:

  1. I believe you are mistaken. Miller's quote was the one ABOVE his name, where he said, "The incident is obviously regrettable...The duty inspector who was there last night showed tremendous good sense and defused the incident and sent the players back in the care of their coach. Which was the appropriate conduct. He was a real credit to the (Toronto Police Service)."

    I actually heard him say that on 680 news. The quote you mentioned is by Alfons Rubbens, the publisher of InsideSoccer Magazine.

    [source]

    ReplyDelete