Sunday, July 22, 2007

An Apology

So my buddy Crescent Canuck pointed out that the comment I attributed to Mayor Miller in the previous post was in fact, from Alfons Rubbens, the publisher of InsideSoccer Magazine.

I apoloize to the mayor (I doubt he either knows or cares, but still), and to the few readers that I do have. It was a misread of the Globe and Mail article on my part, and it was quite boneheaded in hindsight.

Here's the Mayor's actual quote: "The incident is obviously regrettable...The duty inspector who was there last night showed tremendous good sense and defused the incident and sent the players back in the care of their coach. Which was the appropriate conduct. He was a real credit to the (Toronto Police Service)."

Way to go Mr. Mayor. I can't remember the last time I was so pleased with something this guy did.

1 comment:

  1. hey you!

    good to see you posting again

    -siyam

    ReplyDelete